Swamiji was born on the August 15, 1945 in the village of Rupavas, in the district of Pali, Rajasthan. His parents, Pandit Krishna Ramji Garg and Srimati Phool Devi Garg, both devout and religious people, gave him the name of Mangilal. As a young child, most of his free time he devoted to prayer and meditation. Whilst still in his teens, he was ordained as swami by his Guru, Hindu Dharmsamrat Paramhans Sri Swami Madhavanandaji, with whom he lives in ashram for several years, performing strict anushthana, spiritual practices.
He came to Europe in 1972. Here he came to know the needs of modern man, which inspired him to combine the ancient yogic realizations and the findings of modern science with his rich experience. In this way he created an integral and internationally acclaimed system of practices called “Yoga in Daily Life”, which has spread from Europe throughout world, for the welfare of humankind and all living beings and has inspired hundreds of thousands people worldwide.
In the last 45 years Swamiji travelled extensively throughout the world, tirelessly spreading the message of Sat Sanatan Dharma and Yoga according to the teachings of Bhagwan Sri Deep Narayan Mahaprabhuji. Wherever he goes he teaches people to understand and love themselves and others, and helps them to realize the sense and purpose of their life. His message is: understanding, respect and tolerance between nations, cultures and religions, non-violence, protection of nature and the environment and a vegetarian lifestyle.
On 10th April, 1998, Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda was inaugurated by the World Religious Parliament as "Sarva¬bhaum Sanatan Dharma Jagadguru".
At the Maha Kumbha Mela in Haridwar, India (13 April, 1998) he was appointed to Mahamandaleshwar of Maha Nirvani Akhara.
In 2001 on the occasion of the Maha Kumbha Mela in Prayagraj (Allahabad), Swamiji was awarded with the highest spiritual title of Vishwaguru (Master of the Universe) in the presence of His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Shankaracharya Sri Swami Narendranandaji Sarasvati, by the Vidvat Samaj.
Especially during the communist era, Swamiji's spiritual and humanitarian work provided great moral support to the people of the Eastern European countries of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Yugoslavia. Due to his distinguished charitable, humanitarian, religious and environmental work as well as his untiring efforts for tolerance and world peace, Swamiji has been acknowledged by social, medical, religious and political dignitaries in many different parts of the world.
For his selfless efforts during nearly 20 years he received a letter of thanks by the President of the Czech Republic, Mr. Vaclav Havel. Croatian President Stipe Mesic acknowledged Swamiji's humanitarian service to Croatia over the last 30 years by awarding him the Order of the Croatian Star with the Effigy of Katarina Zrinska.
Recognising the urgent need to promote and develop awareness of world peace, Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda has initiated worldwide Inter-religious Dialogues and World Peace Prayers with representatives of world religions and public figures, and takes an active part in international congresses and conferences.
In his homeland of India he has initiated several humanitarian projects in the health and educational systems, such as the Gyan Putra project that supports the children of impoverished families and in this way enables their attendance at school. Current projects are the construction of hospitals and schools for girls in inadequately-provisioned rural areas, as well as the building and establishment of a University for Ayurveda, Naturopathy and Yoga.
Swamiji has been, and is still being, recognized and acknowledged worldwide by statesmen, scientists, doctors and dignitaries from different religions for his decades of committed humanitarian and spiritual work, and also his unceasing efforts for the health and welfare of humans and nature, for the protection of the environment and world peace. For his service to the science of Yoga and the promotion of physical, mental, social and spiritual health for humans he has been awarded the honorary titles of Doctor of Yoga and Professor of the Spiritual Science of Yoga.
As a disciple and successor of Hindu Dharmsamrat Paramhans Sri Swami Madhavananda, he is a part of one of the oldest spiritual lineages in India Om Sree Alakhpuriji Siddha Pith Parampara, holly incarnations and God-realized masters - starting with Param Mahasiddha Avatar Sri Alakhpuriji, to Paramyogeshwar Svayambhu Sri Devpuriji, Bhagvan Sri Deep Narayan Mahaprabhuji and Hindu Dharmsamrat Paramhans Sri Swami Madhavanandaji.
Recognising the urgent need to promote and develop awareness of world peace Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda has initiated worldwide Interreligious Dialogues and World Peace Prayers with representatives of world religions and public figures, and takes an active part in international congresses and conferences:
- Millennium World Peace Conference of Religious and Spiritual Leaders New York, USA
- Interreligious Dialogue with the Catholic Archbishop Leonard Faulkner and Heads of Christian Churches of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- International & Interreligious World Peace Prayers in numerous cities in Croatia, Austria, Spain, Germany, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India
- Forum 2000 organised by President Vaclav Havel on behalf of “Human Rights”, Prague, Czech Republic
- Earth Dialogues Forum, Speaker on the Spiritual and Religious Leaders Roundtable, Lyon, France
- Interreligious Dialogue with Heads of various denominations (Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Judaism, Islam, Sikh, Baha'i, Unitary Church, and others), Adelaide, Australia World Summit on Sustainable Development, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Inauguration of a Chamber of Slovakian Culture in Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan through the ambassador of the Republic Slovakia to India, Ladislav Volko, and the former Defence Minister of Slovakia, Dr Pavol Kanis
- Initiator of the International Conference World Peace and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi under the co-sponsorship of the World Conference on Religion and Peace at UN in Vienna, Austria
- Official visit of Croatian President , Stipe Mesic to Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan and inauguration of a Chamber of Croatian Culture
- Meeting with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, President of the Republic of India, New Delhi, India
- Initiator of the The World Peace Forum 2003 - Peace, Ethics and Sustainability in Sydney, Australia under the auspices of Australia's former Governor General, Sir William Deane
- Foundation stone ceremony of the Austria Hospital in India that will be built with in the area of Sri Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwarananda Ashram Jadan, in presence of the Ambassador of Austria to India, Her Excellency Dr. Stefan Bastl
- Guest of honour at International Conference on World Peace in Ahmedabad, India
- Guest of Honour at YOGACON 2004 - International Yoga Conference in Jaipur, India
- Meeting with the Premier of South Australia, Hon. Mike Rann, discussing a possible co-operation in projects of reforestation and rainwater harvesting, Australia
- Participation in the Assembly of Montserrat and in the Parliament of the World's Religions, Barcelona, Spain
- Initiator of International World Peace Summit and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi, in Brno, Czech Republic
- Guest of honour at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas - Conference of non- resident Indians, Bombay, India
- Special guest invited by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Narendra Modi, at the Vibrant Gujarat Conference, Ahmedabad, India
- International Conference on Environment and Sustainable Health at Om Vishwa Deep Gurukul Swami Maheshwaranananda Ashram Education & Research Center, inaugurated by the Minister of Environment in Rajasthan, Sri Laxmi Narayan Dave, India
- Initiator of a multi-faith gathering, Brisbane, Australia
- International World Peace Summit – The Message of Sri Swami Madhavananda and Mahatma Gandhi, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
- Planting a World Peace Trees in Zagreb, Čakovec and Split
- Initiator of the International Youth Conference on Environmental Protection, Jadan, India. Speakers: H.H. Gaj Singh, Maharaja of Jodhpur, High Court Judges, Politicians and Educators and the youth of Vishwadeep Gurukul Vidyale, Jadan.
- Guest of honour at the Word Council of Elders of the Ancient Traditions and Cultures, Jaipur, India
- Planting of a Peace Tree in Split, Croatia
- 4th International Youth Conference, Zlin, Czech Republic
- International World Peace Summit – The Message of Sri Swami Madhavananda and Mahatma Gandhi, Ljubljana, Republic of Slovenia
- International World Peace Summit – The Message of Sri Swami Madhavananda and Mahatma Gandhi, Bratislava, Czech Republic
- Meeting with Religious Leaders in Melbourne, Sharing the Wisdom of Religious Traditions
- 7th International World Peace Summit 2008, Wellington, New Zealand, 29 March
- Celebrations of 20 Years of Yoga in Daily Life in Slovenia. Meetings with Mayors of Ljubljana, Novo Mesto, Maribor, Domzale, Piran/Portoroz and Celje. Planting Peace Trees in Novo Mesto, Domzale, Portoroz and Celje.
- Inauguration of the 1st Embassy of India in Slovenia;
- Meeting with Minister of Environment of the Slovak Republic
- Meeting with Mayors of European capital cities and religious celebreties, by invitation of the Mayor of Ljubljana
- Keynote speaker at 7th International Conference on Peace and Nonviolent Action, by Anuvrat Global Organization (Anubhiva),Jaipur
- Award with the title Ambassador for Peace by the Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace, in the presence of the UN Chapter of California, Los Angeles represented by Mrs. Norma Foster.
- Honoured by a Certificate of Recognition for his worldwide work to promote global peace, protection of the environment and religious tolerance, as an International Peace Ambassador, by Mr. Antonio Villaraigosa, Mayor of Los Angeles and the Council of Los Angeles
- Interfaith Gathering at ringing of the World Peace Bell in celebration of the Peace Week in Los Angeles
- Planting a World Peace Tree with Fred Segal at Canyon Peace Park
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Augarten Vienna with the Ambassador of India, H. E. Kumar, the Head of the 2nd Vienna District, Mr. Kubik, and Father Albert, Parish of Donaucity
- Meeting with the President of Croatia, Stjepan Mesic and with Mrs. Holjevac, President of the Zagreb City Assembly
- Inauguration of a Memorial Stone at the World Peace Tree in Bratislava (planted in 2007), and opening of Bratislava Ashram of Yoga in Daily Life in presence of the Ambassador of India, H. E. Mrs. Homai Saha and the Mayor of the Petrzalka District, Mr. Ftacnik
- Planting a “World Peace Tree“ at Vysehrad, Prague with the Ambassador of India, H. E. Srivastava and Czech cultural, religious and political leaders
- Speaker at the 7th Conference of Peace and Non-Violent Action, launched by Anuvibha, Jaipur
- Keynote speaker at the Conference on Ayurveda and Yoga, Sydney, Australia,
- Officially honoured by the Prefect and the Mayor of Salzburg
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Linz, capital of Upper Austria
- International World Peace Summit – The Message of Sri Swami Madhavananda and Mahatma Gandhi, Szombathely, Hungary
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Maribor, Republic of Slovenia
- Celebrating 12 years anniversary of Mahamandaleshwar Abhishekh at the Maha Kumbha Mela 2010 in Haridwar, April 12, 2010
- Planting World Peace Trees in Klagenfurt and Villach, Carinthia, Austria, June 11/12 2010
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Villach, Carinthia, June 12, 2010
- From 2010 onwards: initiative "We stand for Peace - One Minute of Silence for World Peace" and World Peace Prayers at the Peace Trees on the UN International Day of Peace, Sept. 21
- Peace Prayers at the Peace Trees in Vienna, Austria on the UN International Day of Peace, Sept. 21, 2010 From 2010 onwards: initiative of worldwide peace activities on the UN International Day of Non-Violence, Oct. 2, 2010
- Day of Non-Violence for Peace, 1-Day Conference in Umag, Croatia, October 2, 2010
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Umag, Croatia, October 2, 2010
- Peace Prayer at the Peace Tree in Bratislava, October 6, 2010
- Planting a World Peace Tree in Humenne, Slovakia, October 12, 2010
- Awarded the Memorial Silver Medal by the Mayor of the City Humenne, Slovakia, October 12, 2010
- Pre-conference workshop focused on the Earth Charter, Religion and Spirituality, Ahmedabad, Oct. 31, 2010
- Earth Charter International Conference “Ethical Framework for a Sustainable World”, Ahmedabad, Nov. 1-3
- Planting of World Peace Trees in Belgrade and Novi Sad, Serbia, Nov. 26 and 29, 2010
- International Conference "Youth and Ethics Education", Dec. 4, 2010, Prague, Czech Republic
- Interreligious Forum organized by the Interfaith Center of Melbourne at St. Michael's Church, participants beside Vishwaguruji: The Right Reverend Philip Huggins, Bishop of the Northern and Western Region, Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, Murshida Nuria Daly, International Sufi Movement in Australia, Freeman Trebilcock, Tibetan Buddhist, Founder of InterAction, Moderator: Dr. Nicholas Coleman, Head of Religious Education, Wesley College, March 31, 2011, Melbourne
- Keynote speaker at the opening of the 1st Australia Australia Conference "In the Spirit of Union", in recognition of his contribution to yoga worldwide and his contribution to yoga in Australia, April 02, 2011, Melbourne
- Handing over a Peace Tree to the director and teachers of Tauondi Aboriginal College, April 14, 2011, Adelaide, South Australia
- Meeting and amicable exchange of ideas with Monsignor David Cappo, Vicar General of the Archdiocese South Australia, April 15, 2011, Adelaide
- "Journey of Peace and Friendship Honouring the Ancient Culture and Living Wisdom of the Aborignal Peoples of Australia", Adelaide - Uluru - Alice Springs, sitting with desert communities along the way. With the message of Mahatma Gandhiji and Sri Swami Madhavanandaji, in support of the UN Rio +20 themes and the Earth Charter Initiative. April 17-27, 2011
- Peace Tree plantings along the Peace Journey to Uluru: Port Augusta April 17, 2011 / Coober Pedy April 19, 2011 / Alice Springs April 27, 2011
- Speaker at International Conference of Yoga, Naturopathy & Arogya Expo 2012, February 9-13, 2012, Bangalore, India, under the patronage of the President of India, Srimati Pratibha Devisingh Patil
- Invited to the observance and reception on the Commonwealth Day, Wellington, 12-03, 2012, participants beside Vishwaguruji: Mrs. Collins, NZ Minister, Mr. Nelson, Dean of Wellington and Admiral Steer
- Guest of honor at Guru Sangamam Meeting, New Delhi, 12 April 2012
- Participation in Rio+20 "Earth Summit 2012", UN Conference on Sustainable Development, 13-23 June 2012, Rio de Janeiro, as a member of the Earth Charter Taskforth on Religion, Spirituality and Ethics.
- Planting of 6 Peace Trees, 3x Sao Paolo, 2x Botanic Garden, 1x Rio Centro
- SMWPC committment at the Rio+20 Earth Summit: At our centers around the world, where thousands of students practice Yoga in Daily Life and serve their communities, teams of volunteers will plant trees, clean waterways and forests, protect animals, and inspire people to adopt a vegetarian diet.
- Inauguration of Rig Ved Bhavan, Bangalore, July 8, 2012
- Planting of 4 Peace Trees in Wellington and surrounding (details in separate record), Aug. 2012
- Celebration of 66th Independence Day in Auckland, organized by Bhartiya Samaj Charitable Trust, participants: Hon Melissa Lee, the Parliamentary Secretary of Ethnic Affairs (representing the Rt. Hon. John Key, Prime Minister), Members of Parliament, Councillors, Members of Local Council Board, Ethnic Panel Members, Various business leaders and Community leaders, Aug. 12, 2012,
- World Peace Tree Planting at Sri Swami Madhavananda Austria Hospital, Jadan, on the Independence Day of India, 14 Aug. 2012
- Celebrations of the International Day of Peace in numerous countries worldwide, organized by or under the participation of YIDL, e.g. Vienna, Salzburg, Prachatice, Zagreb and many more, 21 Sept. 2012
- Celebration of the International Day of Non-Violence at the Peace Tree, 2 Oct. 2012, Bratislava
- Holy Vedas coming to Slovakia, Slovak National Library, Martin, SK, 12 Oct. 2012
- Peace Tree plantings in different countries, i. e. Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia (details in separate record)
- Yoga EXPO Croatia, organized by YIDL Varazdin under the patronage of Swamiji, Varazdin 13 Oct. 2012
- Planting of 11 Peace Trees named after the planets, sun & moon in rememberance of Swamijij's 40 years in Vienna, Austria and Europe. With the Counsellor of the Indian Embassy Mr. Alok Raj, District Governor Mr. Homole and representatives of the park authorities, Dec. 6, 2012
- 9th Holy Guruji's Mahasamadhi Anniversary Celebration, with Shri Shankaracharya, Mahamandaleshwars, Mahants and other Saints, Nipal Ashram, 20-21 Nov. 2012
- As a Mahamandaleshwar of Panchayati Maha Nirvani Akhara participating in the main celebrations, bandharas and royal baths of the Maha Kumbha Mela in Allahabad / Prayag Raj. 03 Jan - Feb 16 2013
- Peace Tree planting at Triveni Pushpa Park, Prayag Raj with Shankaracharya, Baba Ramdev, 05 Feb. 2013
- Scientific Yoga in Daily Life Conference & Celebration of 40 years YIDL in CZ, about 35 experts - doctors, physiotherapists, psychologists, professors and pedagogists - rendered their presentations about their long-time experiences, scientific and medical research work with the Yoga in Daily Life System and the achievements through the application of Yoga in Daily Life exercises and life-style in the fields of public health, rehabilitation, prevention and therapy, pedagogy, education, psychology, sports and nutrition., Masaryk University Brno, CZ, 02. March 2013
- Peace Tree planting in the Cosmopolitan Garden of the Europe House, Eisenstadt, 28.3.2013
- Attending the UN Partnerships Forum "Partnering for Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development". organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) in collaboration with other UN departments, UN Headquarter New York, April 24,2013
- Peace Tree planting at the Alley Pond Environmental Center, Douglaston, Queens, NY, 28 April 2013
- Peace Tree planting, 20 May 2013
- Yoga Expo Sunshine Coast, Australia & Peace Tree Planting, by MM Swami Vivekpuri (as the representative Swamiji, 25 May 2013
- Hindu-Muslim meeting and fast breaking, Ashram Bari Khatu, 8 August 2013
- Speaker at the 2013 Budapest Water Summit - Phylantrophy Round Table, introducing the Rainwater Harvesting initiative. with participation of high-level representatives of government, politics and sciences, opening by UN General Secretary Ban Ki-moon and the President of Hungary Janos Adar, 8-11 Oct. 2013
- Planting of 11 Peace Trees at the Duna-Ipoly National Park, Budapest, In the frame of the Budapest 2013 Water Summit: Minister of Rural Development H. E. Sandor Fazekas, Deputy Secretary of State for Water, the Director of the Park, the Head of the Department for International Relations of the Ministry of Rural Development, and the Chief Adviser of the Special Ministerial Envoy, 7 October 2013
- Attending the 8th ICPNA International Conference on Peace and Nonviolent Actions, being organized by Anuvrat Global Organization ANUVIBHA, a transnational centre for peace and nonviolent action associated with UN-DPI in collaboration with Jain Vishva Bharati University, 5-7 Jan, 2014, Jaipur, India
- Special function for the students and planting of an Ashoka Peace Tree at the Governmental Bangad Senior Secondary School, Jan. 15, 2014, Pali, Rajasthan, India
- Attending the UN CSW58 Conference (Commission on the Status of Women) on behalf of SMWPC, accompanied by numerous representatives of SMWPC, YIDL US and YIDL AUS, March 10-12, 2014, UN Headquarter, New York, USA
- Planting a Peace Tree in the garden of the Roman Catholic Church (by MM Swami Vivekpuri as the representative of Swamiji), with Rev. Father Ajtósi, Mr MP Undersecretary, Mayor and Mayorship representatives, July 5, 2014, Balatonfüred, Hungary
He continuously contributes his efforts to peace, tolerance and understanding among nations in his numerous meetings with political leaders:
- 1992 — President of Hungary, Arpad Goencz
- 1993 — President of Slovakia, Michal Kovac
- 1999/2000 — President of Slovakia, Rudolf Schuster
- 2000/2002/2004 — President of Croatia, Stjepan Mesic
- 2000/2002 — President of Slovenia, Milan Kucan
- 2001/2002 — Prime Minister of Slovenia, Janez Drnovsek
- 2003/2004/2005 — President of Slovenia, Janez Drnovsek
- 2005 — President of Austria, Heinz Fischer
- 2010 - Meeting with former President of Croatia Stjepan Mesic
- 2010 - Planting a World Peace Tree with the Deputy Mayor of Nova Gorica Ms Darinka Kozinc, Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- 2010 - Planting a World Peace Tree in Zagorje with the Mayor of Zagorje Mr Matjaz Svagan, Slovenia
- 2010 - Meeting with Mayor of Kranj, Dr. Damijan Perne, Kranj, Slovenia
- 2010 - Meeting with Mayor of Ljubljana, Mr. Zoran Jankovic, Slovenia
- 2014 - Meeting with Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundara Raje